Tintin and the world of Hergé. Exhibition at the Fundación Carlos de Amberes, 2007
Some of our past activities, which made us one of the most prestigious cultural institutions of Madrid:
- International exhibitions featuring old and contemporary painters (Rembrandt, Goya, Picasso, Van Dyck, Delvaux, Vandekerckhove…), photographers (Man Ray, Edward Steichen, René Magritte, Escher, André Kertesz, Cas Oorthuys…), European historical commemorations (the Peace of Utrecht, the Golden Fleece Order, the 5th Centenary of Philippe The Handsome…) or comic (Tintin and Hergé). These exhibitions which were held at our own premises as well as other regions and countries attracted close to 800.000 visitors.
- Conferences on the European construction, by distinguished politicians, journalists and researchers such as Herman van Rompuy, Íñigo Méndez de Vigo, Joaquín Almunia, José Manuel García-Margallo, Leo Tindemans, Javier Solana, Wim Kok, Gaston Thorn, Carlos Solchaga, Jean-Claude Juncker, José María Aznar, Tom de Bruijn or Michel Barnier. Also, research and dissemination on Subsaharian Africa through an Observatory on its Social Reality
- Cultural education and dissemination: lectures, seminars, courses, workshops for children, concerts and publications
- Research projects on European modern history, having participated in Palatium, a Network of Excellence financed by the European Science Foundation
- Projects related to ITC and tourism: www.flandesenhispania.org and several seminars on virtual museums and heritage
See Memoria for more information